The Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop 2013 was a great success but is now over.
View CIASW 2013 pictures here!
The Central Indiana Section of the Audio Engineering Society is pleased to be hosting the Second Annual Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop – February 16, 2013 on the campus of Indiana University – Bloomington in the Recording Arts Department studios.
The Workshop aims to provide audio students of all ages and working professionals within the state the opportunity to meet, hang out, and improve their skills. We’ll be featuring some of the best in the business, presenting on topics in recording, mixing, live sound, and acoustics. This is truly a can’t miss opportunity!
If you’re an audio student of any age, enjoy free events, and want to win some amazing prizes (like SSL plugins, JBL Monitors, Auralex studio foam, custom Sensaphonics earplugs, and much more) then be sure to register now! We look forward to seeing you on February 16th!
We hope you will attend the Workshop and we hope you will spread the word to everyone you know in the audio community, be they students, educators, industry professionals, and AES members and non-members alike.
Thanks to the generous contributions of our Title Sponsor Solid State Logic, as well as our other sponsors, we’re pleased to announce the Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop will be held FREE of charge! We’re providing this incredible event COMPLETELY FREE of charge to give all students equal access to some amazing audio instruction, PLUS FREE LUNCH.
Is this event limited to only college-level audio students? Absolutely not! This event is open to anyone interested in audio, including local professionals and high school students. However, space is limited, so register now and don’t miss out!
Please Note: Attendees who pre-register after 12:00pm (Noon) on February 15 will not have a badge pre-printed and waiting for them at registration. However, you will still be registered for our prize drawing so be certain to check in!
All students should know that they are entered in our fabulous prize drawing upon registering (pre-registration required for drawing participation).
The schedule for the Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop is now available, and we’re excited to announce that Konrad Strauss will be serving as keynote speaker! Please note that changes are possible as the event approaches, so check back often.
There are any number of things you can do!
- Announce this event to your classes, student sections, and co-workers. Pass it along to other members of your AES chapter. Download the event flyer (pdf) or the official event poster (print quality pdf – 25MB!) and post it at your school or place of business.
- Be sure to talk the event up on social networks! The official Twitter hashtag is #CIASW2013 - see what people are saying! There’s also an official Facebook event which we’d love for you to share.
- Directions – Visiting IU
- IU Campus Maps
- Official Workshop Map (pdf)
- Link to a Google Map of the Music Arts Center
- Directions to Echo Park Studio (pdf)
- Area Lodging
- Area Transportation
- Area Restaurants
- Parking (see below)
- Parking is free in parking garages all day Saturday and Sunday (The closest garage is the Jordan Garage, across from the MAC).
- Any vehicle may park in any D or E zone, 5 p.m. Friday until 11 p.m. Sunday, with or without a current parking permit unless posted otherwise.
- Find parking lots and garages nearest the Musical Arts Center using the IU Parking Map!
- The Musical Arts Center is also easy to locate using your favorite mapping App, like Google Maps.
Central Indiana AES Mailboxes
We hope you will attend the Second Annual Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop and we hope you will spread the word to everyone you know in the audio community, be they students, educators, industry professionals, and AES members and non-members alike.
Central Indiana Section Chair
Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop Host
Kyle P. Snyder
Central Indiana Audio Student Workshop Advisor