The Central Indiana Section of the Audio Engineering Society is pleased to announce a much anticipated event, our August 6, 2011 meeting, which features a concert systems tour of Conner Prairie with P. Alan Alford followed by an optional concert featuring the Music of Billy Joel and Elton John. All members are encouraged to attend and bring guests!
Because this is such a popular event we ask that you please RSVP whether you intend to attend the talk and the concert, or just the talk.
Also, because Conner Prairie is a popular historical site there are several important details worth mentioning.
- If you are interested in attending only the talk with Alan Alford no tickets are required and the parking area will be open. However, please RSVP. Simply tell anyone who asks that you’re meeting Alan Alford.
For those interested in staying for the concert as well…
- “Blanket” seating will be available. This means bring blankets and/or folding-style lawn chairs. At this date table seating is sold out.
- Bring your own food, beverages, etc. Boy Scouts will be there to help carry heavy items. Food is also available on-site, if desired.
- Gates open and food is available beginning at 6:00pm.
- Despite the 3 hours between the conclusion of the talk and the time the concert starts (8pm), it is not advisable to leave and return due to traffic.
- Group tickets are available to us at $17/person. The tickets will be available at the will call window beginning around 5:45pm.
- General parking is free. Premier parking is $20 per carload and is accessible via the other gate.
To purchase tickets, call the main box office box office (317-639-4300) or Jeff Johnson (317-231-6788) who is the I.S.O. representative that deals in group sales. Simply give them the code 9690 which is set up to sell the tickets at $17 each. If anyone wishes to attend the concert but requires alternate payment or pickup arrangements, please call our Section Vice Chair Barrie Zimmerman (812-876-1133).
Meeting Information In Brief
Date: August 6, 2011
Time of Talk: 4:00pm
Time of Concert: 8:00pm
Location: Conner Prairie
13400 Allisonville Road, Fishers, IN 46038 (map)
Meeting Place: The lawn & table seating area in front of the pavilion. Please see the map above.