The Central Indiana Section of the Audio Engineering Society (AES) is pleased to be presenting its Fifth Annual Student Workshop on Saturday, October 8, 2016, hosted by the University of St. Francis, Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Workshop will be held at the Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, hub of the USF’s Downtown Campus.
The Student Workshop is a day-long, free event, with lunch included, courtesy of some of our generous sponsors. The Workshop provides audio students of all ages and working professionals within the region, the opportunity to meet, hang out, make connections, and improve their knowledge base. There will be presentations by experienced industry professionals – some of the best in the business, on topics in recording, mixing, live sound, audio archiving and restoration, RF/wireless coordination, acoustics, and more. There is also a special opportunity for a tour of the recently restored Fort Wayne Embassy Theater, including a brief session/demonstration of the pipe organ.
Audio students, young and old, are invited to join us for this special day – enjoy informative seminars and studio sessions, a free lunch, and a chance to win door prizes and other give-a-ways, courtesy of our local and regional business sponsors.
We hope you will attend the Workshop and will spread the word to everyone you know in the audio community – students, educators, industry professionals, and AES members and non-members!
When/Time: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where/Location: University of St. Francis, Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, 431 W. Berry Street, Ft. Wayne, IN 46802
- Recording & producing for bands with Brian Deck, engineer/producer, credits include: Counting Crows, Modest Mouse, All Smiles), Chicago, IL
- Mastering with Paul Mahern, engineering credits with Willie Nelson & John Mellencamp, Iggy Pop and Lily and Madeline, Bloomington, IN
- Acoutsics with Gavin Haverstick, architectural acoustical consulting (room design & testing) , Indianapolis, IN
- RF/wireless coordination with Jay Dill, CTS, Sweetwater Univ. instructor, VP McFadden Sales (manufacturer’s representative for major brands, including Shure, Renkus-Heinz, etc.)
- Post-production workflows with Miles Fulwider, Chair of Music Technology, USF, Ft. Wayne, IN
Special Tour of The Historic Embassy Theatre – Fort Wayne
Hotels (group rate)
We have been able to get group rates at two hotels:
- Downtown Marriott Courtyard @ $109/night
- Hyatt Place Fort Wayne (about 5 miles away at 111 W. Washington Center Rd.) @ $89/night. Use this link to get the special rate: http://fortwayne.place.hyatt.com/fwazfgaesw2016.html
If you’re an audio student or professional, expand your knowledge and experience, enjoy free events, and register for a chance to win some amazing door prizes! We hope to see you at our free Student Workshop in October!